2019 Bible Reading Challenge
Bishop Lewis has challenged the Virginia Conference of the United Methodist Church to participate in the Bible Reading challenge and read the entire Bible in 2019.
For 2019, the Bible Challenge will be a blended style of reading; a mixture of Old Testament readings and New Testament each day. In this new year, challenge yourself to study the Bible and strengthen your faith in the process. The readings will be posted on the conference website and in the monthly Advocate.
Digital Reading Plan
There are many benefits of participating in the reading plan using digital means, including automatic reminders, tracking of your progress, and the ability to select your preferred version of the Bible. There isn’t a specific digital reading plan for 2019, but here are some links to help you get started on your own reading plan.
Tips on Reading the Bible Daily
- Start reading the Bible today.
- Set aside a specific time and place each day. Set your schedule and then stick to it. Mornings are great; but feel free to use any time that works consistently with your schedule.
- Get a good study Bible to help to illuminate the meaning of the original Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek text.
- Choose a translation to use during your reading.
- Say a short prayer to God before you begin, asking the Holy Spirit to give you wisdom and understanding.
- Dive in and enjoy the richness of God’s Word!
- Apply God’s Word to your life.